BOOKING APPOINTMENTS ONLINE
In addition to the current online facility to order repeat prescriptions, the practice is preparing to provide access for patients to book appointments online. Once the preparation is complete, a number of appointments will be made available for patients to book in this way. The usual methods of booking, by telephone or in person, will still be available. This online access will also provide patients with the ability to update some of their details online, order repeat prescriptions on the same site, and in time, access a summary of their medical records.
You are invited to notify the practice by following the guidance below if you would like to register for online access:
- Patients wishing to register should email their name, address, date of birth, and email address that they wish to be recorded on their notes and used for correspondence, to email@example.com
- If you are sharing an email address please be aware that each patient sharing that email address will need to register if they wish to be given online access.
- The practice will record email addresses on the relevant patient records.
- Once this has been completed you will receive Patient Access Registration Information by post, i.e. a PIN number, Practice id number, Access id number, and your NHS number.
- You will then need to register via a website.
- We will start to send registration information in the New Year, and we plan to make online appointments available from February 2014
Note: Patients signing up are advised to retain their Registration Information somewhere safe and secure. If you forget your sign-in details and it is necessary for the practice to generate a new letter for you, unfortunately you will have to go through the whole registration process again.
We anticipate that this is a service that will evolve over time, and will welcome your feedback as we shape its evolution.