New Patient Registration
The practice welcomes new patients. If you would like to join the practice you can either download the Registration Forms from the above "Registering Online" tab and return the completed forms to the surgery or pick up the registration forms from reception.
Registration is open to patients that live anywhere in England. However you should note that if you live outside the area of Didcot, East & West Hagbourne, Harwell, North and South Moreton, Rowstock, Chilton, Upton, Blewbury, Aston Tirrold and Aston Upthorpe, home visits may not be provided by the practice, but can be provided via the NHS 111 service. If you are from the EU you should bring your EU Health Insurance Card.
We provide a confidential service to all our patients, including under 16's. There are limited reasons why we might have to consider passing on confidential information without your permission, which would be to protect you or someone else from very serious harm. We will always try to discuss this with you first. If you have any worries about confidentiality please feel free to speak to the practice manager or a member of staff.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services
When you register with us you will be sent information on how to register for Online Access. Below is a guide to how to get the best out of the services available.
The software that the practice uses for your medical records is supplied by a company called EMIS. They provide the web-based service ‘Patient Access’ that enables you to update your details, order prescriptions, book appointments, and view aspects of your medical records. The Patient Access website is secure and your information on it is only accessible by you. If you click on any of the ‘information’ buttons next to your medications or allergies, you will be taken to a different website (www.patient.co.uk) which is a commercial website with advertising that is also owned by EMIS, and over which we have no control. Some people find the advertising there intrusive, and you may prefer to use www.nhs.uk or other online resources to look up information.
Below is a list of appointments that can be booked online:
- Annual CVD review – please book this if you have been sent a letter to have an annual review.
- Blood test
- GP Extended hours – 10 minute GP appointments in evenings and on Saturday mornings.
- GP Prebookable – 10 minute GP appointments available to book from 5 weeks in advance. Please use these for non-urgent problems or routine reviews of longstanding conditions.
- GP 48 hour – 10 minute GP appointments released 48 hours before the appointment.
- Health check – These should only be booked if you have received a letter asking you to make an appointment for a Health Check.
- Minor illness – 15 minute appointments with a nurse trained in the assessment and treatment of adults with common infections, such as chest, sinus, ear, throat, and female bladder infections.
- Blewbury branch surgery – 10 minute GP appointments on Tuesdays (Dr Hart) and Fridays (Dr Pathinayake)
Patients can opt out of any of the components of the online services. Please email us should you require any adjustments.
Patients are now able to request repeat prescriptions online. The practice has the ability to reply to messages/questions patients have added to their request. Please continue to check your account for a reply to any queries.