Welcome from the Woodlands’ Patient Group Chair, Martin Tarran-Jones
Every registered patient of the Woodlands’ Practice is entitled to belong to its Patient Group (PG). Our message is: “Patients and Practice, working in Partnership.” We exist to help improve services for patients.
The PG has been running for 13 years and has a close relationship with the Practice Partners and Management, which we highly value.
The Information on these web pages will be updated on a monthly basis
The main activities of the PG are:
- Our PG committee meets every two months to oversee our work and to plan ahead.
- Each year prior to May we hold an Annual General Meeting to which all patients are invited.
- We hold two PG Group meetings each year, with keynote speakers and the chance for patients to be updated on Practice news and to ask questions of its management.
- We hold a database of over 1000 patients who have authorised us to hold just their names and email address, so that we can send them information about the Practice and other key NHS and Social Care news. The database is managed by our Secretary: Dermot Paddon.
- We are working with the Practice to launch the new Patient dedicated facility at the Woodlands.
Patient Group Committee Members
Your PG committee members:
Lay members: Martin Tarran-Jones (Chair), Robert Stocks (Vice Chair). Dermot Paddon (Secretary), Sam Buckley (Treasurer), Wendy Price (Patient services), Gaynor Thomas. Hazel Nixon. Tony Twigger. Co-opted lay members: Doreen Pinnell, Julie Skelly.
Practice members: Ann Sadler (Practice Projects Manager). Robert Weir (Practice Business Manager). Dr Katie Barber (Practice Partner representative). Linda Fry (Practice Patient Services Manager).
Joining the Patient Group
If you would like to join the PG you can send an email to Dermot Paddon at: email@example.com. The PG database is run on the same principles of data protection compliance as are used by the Practice itself. We only use it to send you relevant Practice, NHS, and Social Care information, and news of events that we are running. You will have no obligations and can ask to leave the database at any time. Your email address will never be disclosed to a third party without your permission.