Welcome from the Woodlands’ Patient Group Chair, Stewart Lilly. “Every registered patient of the Woodlands’ Practice is entitled to belong to its Patient Group (PG). Our message is: “Patients and Practice, working in Partnership.” We exist to help improve services for patients.
The PG has been running for 16 years and has a close relationship with the Practice Partners and Management, which we highly value.”
The main activities of the PG are:
- Our PG committee meets every two months to oversee our work and to plan-ahead.
- Each year prior to May 31st, we hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to which all Woodlands’ patients are invited.
- We hold three or four PG Group meetings each year, with keynote speakers, and the chance for patients to be updated on Practice news and to ask questions of its management.
- The Practice keeps a record of all patients that have agreed to join the PG, so that we can send them information about the Practice, and other key NHS and Social Care news. The records are jointly managed by our Secretary; Dermot Paddon and the Practice Management and meet the requirements of the GDPR regulations.
Patient Group Committee Members:
- Lay members: Stewart Lilly (Chair), Flavia Leslie (Vice-Chair), Dermot Paddon (Secretary), Sam Buckley (Treasurer), Wendy Price (Patient services), Gaynor Thomas, Martin Tarran-Jones.
- Practice members: Kathryn Hall and Paul Hackwood (Practice Managers) Dr Rachel Ward (Practice Partner representative). Linda Fry (Practice Operations Manager)
Joining the Patient Group (PG):
If you would like to join the PG you can send an email to Dermot Paddon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PG records are run in compliance with the latest GDPR regulations. We only use them to send you relevant Practice, NHS, and Social Care information, and news of events that we are running. Your email address will never be disclosed to a third-party, without your permission. You will have no obligations, and you can ask to leave the PG record at any time by emailing Dermot Paddon at: email@example.com
We need more committee members
Our Constitution allows us to have up to ten lay-committee members and we currently have seven. We meet at the Practice once every two months for 2-hours. If you would like to find out more, please contact our secretary Dermot Paddon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping up to date: Access all key PG information below:
Minutes of Committee meetings:
Minutes of AGM meetings:
Patient Group Constitution constitution amendments May 2019
Joining Upcoming Patient Group (PG) sponsored events:
Information on these events will be sent out to all PG members and displayed in the surgery as they become due.
All PG events will be held at Woodlands Medical Centre unless otherwise advised.
- Patient Group Committee meeting, December 11th, 2019 at 09.30 am.
- Further details and dates for Group meetings to be released following the December PG committee meeting
Patient Group Contacts
Chair: Stewart Lilly: email@example.com
Secretary: Dermot Paddon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice and Patients Working Together to improve services